Sunday, 10 August 2014
Sunday 10 August - Cid Harbour -Hamilton Island - Home!
Sunday 10 August - Cid a Harbour -Hamilton Island - Home
Well, the weather closed in yesterday afternoon so we didn't motor around to Gulnar Inlet, instead we stayed in Cid Harbour. We had some rain and squally winds but we were safe and dry. We watched a few movies including "Grease", "The Way" - a wonderful movie portraying the Pilgrims Walk, a journey from France to the west coast of Spain (that Louise, Robert's wife), did a couple of years ago. and "Four Weddings and a Funeral" a favourite of mine.
John cooked a chicken stir fry for dinner and after a movie it was off to bed. I sat up on top of the yacht for some time thinking of my niece, Sonia, who passed away from that dreaded disease, cancer on Thursday. What a loss of a gorgeous young woman and such a tragedy that she's gone and left behind baby Reuben, just 2 1/2 years old. I cried for most of the three hour trip back to Melbourne; Sonia's death has hit me in a way I didn't expect.
We headed off early this morning, bound for Hamilton Island and the airport for our flight back to Melbourne. The boat ride wasn't under sail unfortunately, we had to motor into the marina and it was a rough ride. I sailed the yacht (or rather steered the yacht under motor again) and I felt good, until the swell started getting HUGE!!! Robert took over, then John, while Robert took the tender up a bit higher so she didn't get drowned in the wake of the huge waves. He winds were gusting to around 26 knots and we reckoned the seas got up to ~2 metres and I was a touch anxious but all was well. We got to the fuel dock at HI ok, and John and I grabbed our gear and flung ourselves off the boat, hugged Robert and gave thanks for a wonderful six days and headed off to find a nice hot shower - our first in three days!
Safe and sound back in Melbourne, we're so thankful for a week's break away from the dramas of 'the house' and to have got some warmth into our bones. What a fun time we've had. Many thanks, Robert. X
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment